Monday, July 28, 2008

My Man Booker Longlist Guess

I am always a bit fuzzy on the rules with the Man Booker Award and which writers are and arent allowed, I know I should hang my head in shame as an avid reader. Its not like I am ever going to judge them though is it? Mind you wouldn't that be brilliant? The Longlist is revealed tomorrow and I thought I would have a very uneducated guess at what might be in the final thirteen.

So here are my Man Booker Dozen for you (based on what everyone else is raving about I havent read and some rogue contenders I doubt will be in the longlist but should be)...

1. The Behaviour of Moths - Poppy Adams
2. Enchantress of Florence - Salman Rushdie
3. The Room of Lost Things - Stella Duffy
4. The Story Of Forgetting - Stefan Merrill Block
5. The Outcast - Sadie Jones
6. Alfred & Emily - Doris Lessing
7. The Spare Room - Helen Garner
8. Broken - Daniel Clay
9. A Case of Exploding Mango's - Mohammed Hanif
10. Sea of Poppies - Amitav Ghosh
11. The Butt - Will Self
12. Girl Meets Boy - Ali Smith
13. Remember Me - Melvyn Bragg

We will see tomorrow... I will be discussing I am sure.

No comments: