Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Bit of a Book Bah-Humbug

I don't know whats wrong with me but my reading pace and in fact reading full stop seems to be really love at the moment. Normally I find that I will always choose a book over listening to my iPod, watching a DVD or catching up with The Archers. Of late though it seems to be the other way round, does anyone else get readers block?

I know that Cornflower has been having a slight issue with her reading pace of late so I know I am not alone in this. Has it ever actually gone completely for you for a while? I dont think times are that bad but they are not that good as even my guilty reads (Tess Gerritsen, M.C. Beaton) which are normally the prefect antidote for a drop in reading speed simply arent making my book interest rise. I am reading one of my favourite authors Sophie Hannah at the moment and while the book is brilliant I thought I would have easily finished it by now, having planned to start something new on Friday. I have another hundred pages to go still, its most unlike me.

I am also feeling guilty that as I sit and cant read more and more lovely books from lovely publishers are coming through my postbox (not today as its Sunday) and I feel really bad. I must snap out of this... but how!?! HELP!!!!!

1 comment:

StuckInABook said...

I had a really bad fortnight or so when I just could NOT read anything. Reader's block it definitely was - and very difficult to get sympathy! I tried old favourites, new exciting books, magazines - I just couldn't get involved at all in anything.

My solution? A re-read of Pride and Prejudice. And it worked brilliantly, I didn't look back.